Coffee Hangouts!

Coffee Hangouts!

Cafe Conversations VII

 Cafe Conversations
Sunday, 10:00 am


“…And I was so excited about the trip to Rameshwaram. My Bad! I wish I had a better luck” started an upset Radhika.

“Aww Honey! You are not going to Rameshwaram because of your ‘Dates’. Don’t blame your luck now. Poor thing has got nothing to do with it. It is a normal process, happens to every girl.” said Shruti as she tried to soothe Radhika. 

“So who should I blame? Eve? Or that guy who is sitting up there?” said Radhika pointing her fingers upwards.

“They call him God.” muttered Shruti under her breath while sipping her coffee. She was very conscious of her speech because of Radhika’s obvious ‘mood swings’. There could be an outburst of any emotion any moment.

“Uh! Chuck that.. No matter whom we blame the tragedy remains with us. By the way do you mind if I stay with you at your place for the next 3-4 days?” questioned Radhika with a puppy face.

“You don’t have to ask Radhika you can walk in any time you want.” said Shruti with a warm smile. 

Shruti- “But I thought your cousins were here to visit you. They won’t mind?”

Radhika- “Well, I don’t care even if they do. I am in no mood to be treated like someone who is suffering from some kind of infectious disease.”

Shruti- “I can totally relate. Back home I was not allowed to enter the kitchen, the dining area, the Puja room. I wasn’t allowed to touch ANYTHING during my ‘days’, they said ‘my touch will pollute it’.”

“Trust me it is worse at my place. If I touch someone they have to take a shower and wear fresh clothes. I cannot go out of my room. I can’t touch the trees or the plants. I cannot be too loud and the list of not-to’s goes on and on.” said Radhika pretending to shoot herself with her fingers.

“Woah! That’s too much to take and all of this torture because of ‘The Thing’.” said Shruti with her eyes wide open.

“Yes. It is like getting punished for no reason. It is biological process. I have got nothing to do with it. I mean, we bleed for seven days in a month. Isn’t that enough?” said Radhika almost in whispers.

Shruti- “I know! We have already got so much to deal with- the stress, cramps, mood swings, the ‘issues’ and being careful all the time. On top of it these bluff beliefs and fallacies? What do they think we are? Rajnikant?” 

Radhika- “I tried to talk it out at home but my Grandma shushes me down whenever I try to make a point about it. She says it should not be discussed and probably that is the reason I feel too embarrassed to talk about ‘The Thing’.”

Shruti- “I don’t think it is something to be embarrassed about.  It is a fact of life like life-and-death. Just because people consider it a ‘girl problem’ doesn’t mean we stop discussing it in public.”

“True that!” said Radhika slightly nodding her head in agreement as she dug into her sizzling brownie with extra chocolate sauce. 

“You know what the best part is? You can forget caring about the calories for a few days. You can conquer the food nation” said Radhika with her mouth stuffed.

“That’s a special gift” said Shruti with a wink. 

And they clinked their spoons.

#Ester Demitasse


********** 


(Follow us for updates on - https://www.facebook.com/cafehangouts and visit http://cafeconversations.in/)

9 comments:

Prajwal Sherke said...

moving and truly a disgusting orthodox if all of that happens in some households as yet...

Anvi Sharma said...

Superb! mind blowing post.. and trust me every word is fucking true!

Anonymous said...

it seems a little exaggerated at places, but maybe i am not in terms with the harsh reality of this country. Truly deserves an applaud

Garv khetan said...

Its ana amAzingly designed website. M a fb follower.. Well done vd d convos.. :)

Divya Tripathi said...

Well done.. Good goin with the concept.. And a very moving article! Hats off to this one!

Kriti said...

Kudos to ur design and your idea. And amazing write up!

Sneha said...

Superb! Really provoking and worth spreading.. :)

App Development Bangalore said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

SAVE WEAVERS: GRAVITY GRAVE

Pandemic created Pandemonium in the poverty-stricken pathetic lives of #Weavers #Handlooms & #Powerlooms in my native #Telangana and all across #India.
Besides Health Hazard, Weavers Economy devastated.

Source Link : https://www.molitics.in/article/692/save-weavers-gravity-grave

Post a Comment